Tonight our church will gather for one of my favorite services of the year; “Count Your Blessings Testimony Night.” What a joy it is to hear God’s people giving thanks and praise to God for entire hour.
In the spirit of tonight I thought I would share Ten Thankful Things with you. These are ten things I am thankful for and give praise to God for. They are in no particular order.
- The blood of Jesus Christ. His blood has washed me and made me whiter than snow. I stand forgiven before God through His death and resurrection.
- My wife. If there was ever evidence for the omniscience of God this is it. He knew exactly who I would need before I ever did and He orchestrated some incredible sovereign circumstances to bring us together. She is beautiful inside and out!
- My children. I am grateful my children walk in the truth. God gave me 5 incredible blessings. They make parenthood fun.
- The people of Grace Baptist. There are amazing displays of God’s grace. They embrace faith and the spiritual courage to make pioneer advance (a pastor Shirkism). They are a joy to pastor!
- Family traditions. I am grateful for the traditions that were passed to me that I have been able to pass to my children. This is a time of year I am thankful for strong family traditions.
- 400. I’m grateful for this being the 400th post here at the blog. I’m privileged to be able to do what I do.
- Humble missionaries. I said it before and I’ll say as long as I live, missionaries are some of the most humble and gracious people you will ever meet. I am thankful for our missionaries serving around the world.
- Mercy. God’s mercies are new every day. I believe I am a trophy example of that. Thank you God for not giving up on me.
- Freedom. I no way of knowing and full appreciating the cost and sacrifice it has taken to give me the freedom to preach and teach the word of God. The fact this blog exists unhindered is one tiny testimony to our freedom as believers in this country.
- Friends. Life moves to a more meaningful level when friendships are born and forged through the years. I am grateful for such friendships.
How about you? What are you thankful for?