Pastor Hurlbut concluded his series on “A Welcoming Church” with the “Top Ten Ways You Can Help GBC be a Welcoming Church.” By request here is the list:
10. Pray for the sale of the white house (the one out front not in DC :)).
9. Park farther away from entrances.
8. Be others focused, watch for new people, smile and say “Hi!”
7. Be willing ot shovel and de-ice in the winter on Sunday mornings.
6. Serve in the nursery.
5. Serve as a greeter or usher.
4. Invite someone to church and experience hosting a guest yourself!
3. Sit closer to the front, leave seats in the back for guests.
2. Pray for God to send guests!
1. Pray for the Spirit of God to draw men, women, and children to Himself through this ministry.