“Wednesday and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace.”
Ephesians 6: 15
Our prayer concept for today is peace. Read the following verses, meditate upon them and then follow the prayer prompter.
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1
- Pray that husbands and fathers above all else would have peace with God, a peace marked by a confession that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 14:33
- Pray for husbands and fathers who would resist the thinking that they have to solve every problem, have an answer for every issue, and who instead trust in a sovereign God who gives peace in the midst of difficulty.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness…” Galatians 5:22
- Pray for husbands and fathers who would realize that peace in the home comes from living in God’s Spirit, the source of true and lasting peace.
“Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.” Hebrews 12:14
- Pray for husbands and fathers who pursue peace in marriage and parenting even when the other side declares war.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- Pray for husbands and fathers to find a powerful life by trusting in the promises of God and not the empty promises of work, sports, and politics.